How To Clean A Quartz Banger
Cleaning a quartz banger is easy, and the best defense is always a good offense. Maintaining cleanliness after a couple uses will go a long way in preventing the deep and nasty cleans smokers hate when they don't clean their glass for weeks. And by weeks let's be real, months.
Proper maintenance consists of:
- While the quartz banger is still slightly warm, dab one end of a Q-tip in isopropyl alcohol and wipe the banger down.
- Use the dry end of the Q-tip to clean up the liquid
- Do this after every couple of sessions and it'll stay looking and functioning in fantastic condition.
- Using a premium dab rig will also help get the most function and experience out of your banger.
Cleaning A Dab Banger In 5 Steps
When properly maintained, quartz bangers will need to be cleaned rather infrequently. But a deep clean on any glass piece that processes smoke will inevitably require a good ole fashion scrubbin. For the deep clean of you dab banger, follow these steps:
What you'll need:
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Kosher salt
- Zip-top plastic bag big
- Warm water
- First, soak Quartz Banger In Cleaning Solution
- Then, In a plastic banger, submerge the dab banger in isopropyl alcohol and add 3-5 tablespoons of kosher salt. Shake this concoction up and let sit for a few hours. Depending on the severity, you can leave the quartz banger soak for 24 hours. While the unit is soaking, shake the bag from time to time to really get the mixture grinding on the residue.
- Rinse the quartz banger thoroughly with warm water and let dry.
- Swab with Q-tip
- Any leftover reside is weakened and prime for swabbing. With a dry Q-tip swab away any unpleasantness.
Then, repeat with another warm water rinse and let the quartz banger dry. You can use a paper towel or rag at this point.
And that's it! You should be good to go. If not, repeat process as needed. If you're in the market for a new dab rig, see how Freeze Pipe's stack up against big brands like MJ Arsenal by checking out this guide we put together.